Walford Road

Sibford Ferris Manor House or Great House was built in 1666 by Thomas Walford and re-fronted in the 18th century.  It was bought in 1797 by Joseph Harris, a Quaker, who sold it to the Society of Friends in 1842 for ‘the purposes of a school.’   The manor became the original school building.  It was sold in 2001 for redevelopment into apartments and houses and the access road, Walford Road , was named after the original builder.  The school  now occupies a site on ‘the Hill’  to the south of Main Street.