Town Estate Charity
The Sibford Gower and Burdrop Town Estate Charity (Registered Charity No 253440 ) was established in about 1560 to provide a schoolteacher and poor relief for the parish; it currently owns a couple of farms and other property around the Gower. The trustees meet three times a year; five are appointed by the Sibford Gower Parish Council, and four by the existing Trustees.
The Charity has a remit to use surplus funds for three purposes:
- the general benefit of the parish,
- to help the primary school
- to “relieve either generally or individually persons in conditions of need, hardship or distress” (relief-in-need).
The Charity would welcome applications for grants from residents of Sibford Gower and Burdrop, particularly for the relief-in-need category. Please contact the secretary, Peter Morgan (firstname.lastname@example.org ) or one of the trustees .