History (up to 1900)
- Bishop Blaize, a 4th-century Bishop of Armenia, was adopted as the patron of the wool combers
- There are Iron-Age barrows at Sibford Gower
- The soil is ‘the glory of the county … deep, sound, friable, yet capable of tenacity; and adapted to every plant that can be trusted to it by the industry of the cultivators’
- The high ridge between Swalcliffe and Sibford is the watershed between the Thames and the Avon
- The Lamb, Pettipher, Sabin, Soden, and Harris families lived in Sibford for 300 years.
Read these and many other interesting facts about the Sibfords and Burdrop in A History of the County of Oxford: Volume 10: Banbury hundred. The article is about the ancient parish of Swalcliffe, which included Swalcliffe, Epwell, Shutford, Sibford Ferris, Sibford Gower and Burdrop.