Scouting in the Sibfords
1st the Sibfords Scout Group was originally founded in 1931 and at the seventieth anniversary in 2001 three of the original scouts attended the celebrations.
The Group or rather Troop, for there were only Scouts in the early days, has had a chequered history, closing and the re-opening as and when leaders were available. On several occasions, particularly during the war, Sir Jeffery Fiennes of Broughton Castle, the District Commissioner, ran the Troop.
The Group was revitalised in 1981 when a Cub pack was formed and has met at the Village Hall on a Friday evening ever since. Over the years the Cub section has been joined by Scouts and Beavers.
From the re-formation the Group has benefited from a very strong Group Executive Committee and exceptional support from parents. Fund-raising has been substantial which has enabled the uniformed leaders to provide excellent training facilities and equipment.
The three training sections supported by the Group are:
- Beaver Scouts: Boys and Girls aged 6 to 8 years
- Cub Scouts: Boys and Girls aged 8 to 10
- Scouts: Boys and Girls aged 10 to 14.
1st The Sibfords have been a mixed Group since September, 2000.
If you would like further information please contact one of the Leaders:
- Beaver Scouts, Friday 4pm to 5.15pm: Helen Lamb – 01295 780 380
- Cub Scouts, Friday 5.30pm to 7pm: Sue Arnaboldi – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Scouts, Friday 5.30pm to 7pm: Adrian Lamb – 01295 780 380