Rev Dr Wood and Rural Dean inspected my Church. Mr Woolgrove met him there.
Banbury Clerical Society met here at my invitation today. It was a very wet morning, but there were present
- Mr Highton, of Great Bourton
- Dr Wood, of Cropredy
- Mr Jordan, of Drayton
- Mr E. Marshall, of Sandford
- Mr Mozeley, of Wigginton
- Mr Cave, of Bloxham.
Several other members had accepted my invitation but were prevented from coming by the weather; viz:-
- Mr Langhorn, of Over Worton
- Mr Izat, of Wroxton
- Mr Graham Jones of Christ Church, Banbury
- Mr Spencer of Steeple Aston.
Received note from Hole saying that he had been appointed Rector of St Paul’s, Halifax, Nova Scotia.
Drove Bell, Ethel Hole and Frank as far as Compton Wynyates this evening.