… There was no mains water in the Sibfords until 1935 and no mains sewerage until after the Second World War. Up until that time water was collected from wells or standpipes and pumped into portable containers.
Sibford Gower had a standpipe near the primary school on a green in front of the Court House. Some villagers had their own well, but others had to collect water from streams and springs. One reliable spring, The Tite, has never been known to run dry and is still here today, behind the primary school.