Sibford Support Group
The newly formed Sibford Support Group is a group of volunteers who have come together during the Coronavirus crisis to
- help & support the elderly, vulnerable and self-isolated in The Sibfords
- help relieve the load on medical, social and emergency services.
Contact the group at email@example.com
Please think about how this webpage could be made more useful and send your suggestions and comments to Tim at firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you self-isolating and need help?
If you are self-isolating, we can help with (for example)
- Collecting your prescription
- Picking up essential shopping
- Posting mail
- A friendly phone call
If you NEED help, please phone Ginny Bennett on 780 373 or email email@example.com
Are you able to offer help?
If you can OFFER help with any of the above, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about volunteering, see our dedicated page.
Beware rogues and villains
Read Peter Hine’s warning about con artists and scammers taking advantage of the crisis. Action Fraud has seen a very large increase in Coronavirus-related frauds.
Keeping in touch
- The social media site Nextdoor is very useful for keeping up with tips and information of interest to Sibford folk. One of our website gnomes is keeping an eye on conversations there and distilling key information onto this page.
- Bold New World have created an online guide to help those in isolation using their iPads / iPhones to download apps, watch catch-up TV, shop online and access NHS 111.
- The Wykham Arms in Sibford has a takeaway menu. They are not offering delivery, but will meet you in their car park or patio if you don’t want to come in to the pub. Available Tuesday – Saturday, 12 – 2 pm, 6 – 9 pm. Phone 788 808.
- Blaze Inn Saddles (scroll down for menus) in Burdrop offers takeaways, for collection only, available Friday 6pm – 9pm, Sat and Sun noon – 4pm. Phone 780 494.
- The Stag’s Head in Swalcliffe has a takeaway menu. They will deliver within Swalcliffe but NOT to Sibford. Phone 788 660.
Local food suppliers with free delivery
- Sibford Stores and Post Office will deliver groceries to your door. Minimum order £10, by phone. Pay by card when ordering or by cash on delivery. Deliveries are made after the shop closes for the day.
- Miss T Catering will deliver a selection of meals for the freezer as well as her delicious cakes. Call 780 206 or 07841 910 037 to discuss options.
- Situated just outside Sibford, Truleaf Farm are still producing their specialist planet-friendly microgreens, harvested daily. You can pick them up at Sibford Stores or contact direct on 01295 40 41 40.
- Henry at Hook Norton Butchers has closed the door at the butcher’s shop in Hook Norton, but will deliver. The email address for placing orders is email@example.com or phone 01608 738 373.
- Paddock Farm Butchery in Brailes will take your order over the phone, paid by card, and deliver free to Sibford, usually the next day. Their online shop lists products and prices but, for free delivery, order by phone.
- Wyatts are offering a free delivery service to Sibford from their Bloxham and Great Rollright shops and plant nurseries. Minimum order £25 by phone or email.
- Holdsworth Foods normally supply the catering industry but are now able to deliver a wide range of foods to your door. Minimum order £40.
- Visit http://www.holdsworthfoods.co.uk and look up the product code and price under the ambient, chilled or frozen section. Many items are sold in bulk, but if you have concerns with quantities then email Michelle (see below) for help.
- Send your order to Michelle Holdsworth (of Hook Norton) firstname.lastname@example.org , including your name, address and contact number.
- Telesales will contact you to arrange delivery and payment.
- Ofishial Foods delivers frozen ready meals free to Sibford from their Shenington premises. The weekly delivery day for Sibford is Friday; order by the Wednesday before.
- Milk & More delivers in Sibford Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings, with orders (online only) accepted up to 9 pm the night before. Milk, breads, cakes, vegetables, fruit, etc. Unfortunately, when we last looked they had “temporarily” stopped taking on new customers; if you have a neighbour who has milk delivered, the odds are that they are a Milk & More customer, so perhaps they could help you out.
We are not alone
- There is a growing guide to other local support groups in the county at Oxfordshire All In.
- The government GoodSAM scheme is still (March 26) starting up. The SSG is keeping an eye on it, but does not see it as a replacement for what we have already begun.
- The SSG has registered its existence with Cherwell District Council and Thames Valley Police.
- After seeing reports of people putting Christmas decorations up at the front of the house to lift everyone’s spirits, Philippa from the Ferris intends to do the same and has asked that we share the idea around the Sibfords. Happy to oblige.
- We’ve started a list of some things to do to lighten self-isolation. Visit Self-isolation amusements.