The Sense Ridgewalk Challenge
Keen walker? We’ve received the following notice from Sense, a charity that supports children and adults who are deafblind or have complex disabilities through education centres, holidays, info and advice service, arts and sports programmes and supported living. The deadline for signing up is mid-April.
Every year we hold our very own walking event, The RidgeWalk, which involves participants walking 52 miles in 24 hours on a route that winds itself through Oxfordshire and Wiltshire, ticking off landmarks such as Avebury Stone Circle, Barbury Castle and the Alton Barnes White Horse along the way. You can see the route on Google Maps here.
It’s taking place on Saturday 20 June, with walkers setting off at 10am and the last participants crossing the finish line around Sunday lunchtime. There’s a £395 fundraising target which you’d have until the end of July to reach, and we’re here to help you every step of the way.
When you sign up to take on our epic RidgeWalk challenge, you’ll receive:
- A welcome pack full of fundraising tips and handy info about Sense when you sign up.
- A webinar covering the logistics of the event, training and fundraising on 5 March.
- The option of a completely personalised training plan, put together by our training partner, meaning you’ll get to the start line fully prepared.
- A technical RidgeWalk t-shirt to wear with pride
- A fully supported event from start to finish, including checkpoints every 5-8 miles, a hot meal around the half way point and a celebratory brunch and well deserved massage at the end.
- Support on the day from fully qualified trekking leaders who will be leading participants in groups of similar walking speeds.
- An exclusive RidgeWalk medal
Feedback from one of last year’s participants was ‘The day was such a fantastic one, particularly for team spirit, and the organisation and support from start to finish was amazing. I pushed myself further than I ever thought possible….and I did have a few tears as I crossed the line as it was so emotional to think what an epic challenge I’d completed.’ Who could argue with that?!
If you are interested, you can get 50% off your registration fee with the code FEB until the end of February when you sign up on The RidgeWalk page
Please let me know if you have any questions at all, and feel free to pass the discount code far and wide if you think you know anyone who’d be interested!
National Events Manager
Direct line: 0207 520 0985
Supporter Services: 0300 330 9257
For everyone living with complex disabilities. For everyone who is deafblind. Sense is here to help people communicate and experience the world.
Sense, 101 Pentonville Road, London, N1 9LG
Company no 1825301 Charity no 289868
A company limited by guarantee and registered in England and Wales